Languages & Translations Settings
- Getting Started
- API V2
- API V3
- Article Editor
- Swifty (In-App Widget)
- Billing / Subscription
Table of ContentsHow To Set The Default Knowledge Base Language Choosing a Default Language All My Content is Missing! How To Disable Multiple Languages How To Add Languages How To Sync Content from the Default Language How To Delete Languages Protected Terms
This article will guide you through each option available on the Languages & Translations settings page (yoursubdomain.helpjuice.com/admin/settings/languages_and_translations)
How To Set The Default Knowledge Base Language
When you access your Dashboard (yoursubdomain.helpjuice.com/dashboard), you will be taken to the language section set as the Default.
Choosing a Default Language
- Click on your Profile Picture > Settings
- Go to the Languages & Translations (KB Localization) section and choose your desired Default language.
All My Content is Missing!
If you go to your Dashboard and all content is missing, you probably are not accessing the correct language.
You can easily switch between languages by accessing the first icon displayed in the left menu.
How To Disable Multiple Languages
If you use only one language and don't want to see any changes in your dashboard, select "No, disable multiple languages" on your settings page.
How To Add Languages
The Languages & Translations page is located at your_subdomain.helpjuice.com/admin/settings/languages_and_translations. In this section, you will see your Default Language and the "Add New Language" button.
Once you click on it, a popup will be displayed:
- Select a Language: We offer over 50 languages, and each language supports the auto-translate feature.
- Assign Articles to allows you to automatically assign translators to the articles. All of the added Translators will receive an invitation via email.
- Copy over existing content from the Default language makes a duplicate of your default language content and all articles will be in Draft status. This might take up to 4 minutes to complete and you will receive an email once it's done. If you combine this option with "Use Auto-Translate by Default ", all your categories and articles will be copied and automatically translated.
How To Sync Content from the Default Language
If there's new content in the default language that you don't have in the language you want to sync, that content will be copied to your language and all your current data will remain intact.
Simply click on the Sync icon and choose if the synced articles should be automatically translated or just copied into the new language.
Please keep in mind that you would need to repeat these steps for each language, and only NEW content (new articles and new categories that don't already exist in the destination language) will be copied over and translated.
How To Delete Languages
Simply click on the icon in the upper right corner of the language you want to delete. You will be prompted to a confirmation message.
Some important things to note:
- This action will delete the entire language, not just translated articles. The templates for that language will also be deleted and all customizations of the deleted language will be lost.
- The English (en_US) language cannot be deleted from your account even though it has no content. However, you can submit a Customization Request and we will remove the language from the Language Switcher in the Frontend and create a redirect from en_US to your desired language!
The Protected Terms feature is a list of terms that should not be translated. In this section add terms that you want to stay intact during the translation process. Type the term in the input field, hit Enter, and remember to save the changes!