Liquid Introduction - template language documentation
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- API V2
- API V3
- Article Editor
- Knowledge Base Settings
- Swifty (In-App Widget)
- Billing / Subscription
Helpjuice's template engine is based on Liquid. As Liquid is a template language, it allows you to control the logic flow and use objects while creating amazing templates for web pages.
There are three main groups of available objects on the template engine:
- Global variables - These variables are related to the knowledge base itself. Some of them are template related or account related. See more at Shopify/Liquid Global Objects;
- Category variables - These variables are related to the category object. See more at Shopify/Liquid Category Objects;
- Question variables - These variables are related to the question object. See more at Shopify/Liquid Question Objects;
Check the Shopify/Liquid Complete Objects Reference for a complete list of the available Liquid variables on the Template Engine.
How to Control the Logic Flow?
The Liquid Syntax allows you to control the logic flow with conditional statements and loop statements. See more at Shopify/Liquid Syntax.
The knowledge base is rendered using the following template files:
- Main CSS: The Main CSS File will hold huge part of the visual rules for your Knowledge base;
- Main JS: Custom JS scripts should be placed in the Main JS File. Google Analytics scripts or external widgets are simple examples;
- Robots.txt: This file give instructions about their site to web robots; This is called The Robots Exclusion Protocol;
- Main Layout: This documents defines most of the looks on your KB, this archive is loaded for every single page, the liquid tags that define which layout parts will be loaded according to where the user is;
- Index Page: Your Splash screen, the first visited page, all the content defined on this document shows up when you access your Helpjuice KB;
- Question Page: This page is loaded specifically when a user access a question, over the index, category, search or any other way, if is a question it uses this layout;
- Category Page: Can be accessed over the Index Page, or by breadcrumbs slugs. This layout refers to all the category pages, subcategories included;
- Contact Page: This can only be accessed over a direct link or a button to “contact support” or “contact us”, this form sends the info to the mail registered on the settings, although it is not the same form that appears when no search results were found;
- Thanks Page: The page that comes up after sending the contact form.